Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall - My Favorite Time of Year

Here were are past the middle of September and I am anxiously awaiting the end of the Summer Season.  Don't get me wrong, I do love summer (Ocean Breezes, Watermelon, the Ice Cream Man, Long Evenings, etc) but I absolutely LOVE the fall (and not just because my birthday is in October lol)  I am a big fan of turning the clocks back and chilly fall nights, cuddling with loved ones watching a movie, halloween treats, giving thanks with my family on Thanksgiving, the smell of allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc.  A treat for the senses and a feast for the eyes - rich/warm color schemes, smells that take me back to mom's kitchen when we carved pumpkins and roasted the seeds.  These glorious colors are everywhere and remind me of my childhood and playing amongst the crunchy fall leaves.  Deep reds, golden yellows and oranges, cocoa colored browns.  It's the time of season that I cherish the most because the focus changes to Family Time.  Closeness, Togetherness, Gratitude for what we have all experienced together during the year and Love for one another.  Since this is my first real post on this blog, I'd like to say that I'm thankful this year for the opportunities that have come my way, and the friends I've met along the way.  I have created a couple cards that I will be posting this week showcasing the spirit of this new season.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment