Friday, September 23, 2011

Trick or Treat

It's Friday yay!!  It's a cold and gray
day here with a few sprinkles and a bit of thunder.  A great opportunity for a crafty indoor day.  For my next card I decided to create a fanciful card that reminds me of my childhood and trick or treating around the neighborhood.  I've always loved those memories shared with my best friends and my cousins.  Racing home after school and restlessly pleading for the sun to set so we can get started on our adventures.  My favorite memory of Halloween was when I saved up all my birthday money to buy a real ballerina outfit for the occasion.  I must've had about $32 in my pocket and I swore I was rich!  My mom took me to a dance store and helped me pick out a leotard, tutu and even shoes.  I came home with the whole outfit (including a sparkly tiara) and I felt like a million bucks.  I have to say I'm sure my mom helped me get everything because I even had shoes to match. 

I can remember that Halloween night it had rained, and I was soooo worried that we wouldn't get to go out and trick or treat.  My mom did my hair and even let me wear red lipstick - I was so glamorous.  Leaving the house, bathed in pink, tiara in tact.. I was just beaming.  It was a big moment for me to be a "real ballerina" for one whimsical night.  I can't seem to remember how much time we spent outside, or how much candy I got, but I do remember that was a magical night for me.  Glitter, tu tu and a tiara...this little girls fantasy come true.


Here's a cute little card I had such fun making.  I love to add ribbons to my cards, I personally feel it's the perfect finishing touch to my designs.  I also secretly love the idea of a bow signifying a sort of a gift in the form of a card when you just can't send a present to everyone on your correspondence list (man that could get pricey!)

This is the Tri Shutter Halloween card.  I like this design because it allows me to hang my friendly spider from her web (aww Charlotte's Web, do you remember that book?  made me cry so hard as a child)

My inspiration for this card came from this video on YouTube.  I was looking for something out of the ordinary and thanks to Mary in the video, this card was a big hit. Check her out here, and subscribe to her channel because this crafty gal is great!  http://www.youtube.com/watchv=MyhbAt3voWU&list=FLvu9MjIiqUVDErzxsUPlh1A&index=3

I used the same dimensions as Mary to construct this card.  I just swapped out the bones for my sweet "Charlotte".  I cut the spider from my Cricut Mini Monsters Cartridge.  I used this nifty rubber stamp I got from Michael's Arts and Crafts but I'm not sure of the brand because it was a cling type rubber stamp and who knows where the packaging for the stamp is now.  The rest of the card was patterned paper and of course this fishing line for "Charlotte's" web.  Gosh it was suuuuch a task to get her to stay on her web!  I ended up using clear tape, but I know there's got to be a better way!  Feel free to give pointers on that because my goodness it took forever!!! 

I hope this little card makes you smile.  Thanks again to Mary who helped me create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment