Monday, September 19, 2011

Yippee for all things Fall

The past week and a half have been so busy around here... whew!  I am finally able to sit down, with a cup of coffee of course, and share with you my crafty creations.  For as long as I can remember I have loved this time of year.  It's not just because my birthday is in October, but I think the whole season makes me feel just... cozy.  It's not quite October yet but my plans are to go down to the garage and pull out my harvest decorations, and get to work re-decorating my home and office very soon.  I love the earthy tones of the season and of course the smell and taste of my favorite autum dishes.  Don't tell anyone but I am anxiously awaiting the release of the Pumpkin Pie Flavor of frozen yogurt at Yogurtland yuuuummy!! Anyway, in the spirit of the season I have created a cute little card I thought you might like to see.  I'm a bit too old to go trick or treating myself, but I still love to take part in the whimsy and enchantment of that festive evening. 
This little card is simple (I know), but I enjoyed sending them out to all my friends.  It was really easy to construct and that's useful if you're doing mass mailings to all your loved ones. 

I used plain black cardstock as the base of my 5" x 5" card.  I personally like the larger square shaped cards.  I think they're more substantial or "less skimpy" hehehe.  (If you know me, you know nothing about me is skimpy lol)  Keep in mind that the larger sized cards do cost more to mail... just a handy tidbit of info for ya.

I used my beloved Cricut Expression to cut out the card from the Stretch Your Imagination Cricut Cartridge (using the card function) After that I used my scoring board to fold neatly in half.  I then used this really cool striped paper that I found in a paper pack I bought at one of my all time favorite stores (Target).  Using the same Cricut Cartridge, I selected the card frame function to cut the falling leaves out.  I used rubber cement to afix the frame to the card (this was before I got my hands on some awesome adhesives I'll talk about later) and lastly I applied a small square of transparent "Vellum" type paper behind the fall tree to give a frosty moonlit night kind of feel.  I like this card because it's simple but still cute.  I hope you enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment